Travel Grant Applications – ISAP2024
We are thrilled to announce the availability of Travel Grants to attend the 8th Congress of the International Society of Applied Phycology – ISAP2024, June 16 to 21, 2024, in Porto, Portugal.
We encourage all eligible individuals to take advantage of this opportunity to enhance their participation in ISAP 2024. Your presence and contributions are vital to the success of the conference, and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone can engage and collaborate.
The Travel Grants are intended to assist early-career researchers in covering registration and travel expenses up to 600 Euros.
The applicants must be:
- early-career researchers (who obtained the highest academic degree, Master or PhD – less than ten years prior to the application deadline date, or are a Master or PhD student. Periods of maternity/paternity leave, special leave or illness do not count toward this definition).
- the presenting author for oral or poster communications.
- ISAP subscriber (If you are not yet a ISAP subscriber join now https://www.appliedphycologysoc.org/join-us)
Only participants present at the congress will receive the grant allocated to them.
To apply for a Travel Grant, the eligible individuals should send an email to email@example.com, with the subject “Travel grant application”, submitting the following documents:
- A motivation letter (maximum one page A4) outlining the potential impact of attending ISAP 2024 on their professional development.
- A short Curriculum Vitae (maximum one page A4) including the personal and professional identification, e-mail address of the candidate
- A declaration from Master or PhD supervisor (for students) or employer (post-docs/early career researchers) stating the position of the applicant.
The deadline for submitting Travel Grant applications is 18th Feb 2024. Lateor incomplete applications will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be notified by 30th March 2024. Decisions will be based on the quality and motivation of the applicant and financial need. We particularly encourage applications from individuals residing in countries classified by the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) as Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients. A list of DAC countries can be found here.